Problems getting GTAC to work on Wine

Started by lightwo, May 09, 2023, 07:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightwo

GTA Connected homepage claims that Wine is supported. Indeed, I used to be able to use a very specific Wine version to play, but that was long ago.

Nowadays, I switched my computers, lost my previous Wine prefix, and found that I couldn't get GTAC to work for the life of me, no matter the version.

Two or so years ago, I tried to ask about the issue on the Discord server. I couldn't find an existing solution, and I don't recall receiving a response. In the meantime, I stopped using Discord, and don't intend to register again (cough cough, phone verification).

Last year, I submitted issue 450, it hasn't been updated since.

I have been hosting a game server for a while now. I haven't been able to access it for over half a year.

Considering this really doesn't seem like a complex issue, could someone please point me to the right direction? If it is due to hacks GTAC uses to work, could the code be evaluated for possible reasons why it fails with "Access Denied"?

Please, help. I am out of things to try.

lightwo

Update: Disabling Esync and Fsync works around the issue, but I wish that this gets addressed by GTAC developers, if at all possible.

Big thanks to arisu for the discovery.